banner/>

Debby the Polar Bear 1967-2008

7:41 PM Posted In , Edit This 0 Comments »
Browsing some Canadian news today, I came to find a small piece of Winnipeg was laid to rest. Every summer; even up until the year I moved to Florida, I'd go to the zoo. The polar bear enclosure is the first thing you come upon and always was the one I stood to watch the longest. They would pace back and forth, sniffing the air, jump into the water and swim around- dog paddling with massive paws. Debby passed away on Monday. According to the Guinness book, she was the oldest Polar bear in captivity and she lived in Winnipeg.
Reading the article brought me to tears. It makes me think of all the precious memories I have of where I grew up and all of the sweet and beautiful things in life that I take for granted every day.

0 comments: